SENIOR DESIGNER / MANAGER
We are looking for a smart, energetic, experienced designer with a commitment to excellent, modern design, and the ability to manage projects and junior staff. This role requires the ability to work collaboratively and independently on all project phases, including: conceptual and schematic design, client interface, consultant coordination, construction documentation and on-site construction administration. Because our office is a hands-on, "soup to nuts" studio-like environment, you will have a direct opportunity to shape the quality and character of our various projects while guiding them from concept through construction.
Graf & Tolosa offers the opportunity for great career growth in architecture, as well as competitive salary, health insurance and continuing education and development support.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Documentation of all phases of architectural service
- Generating, developing and modeling conceptual ideas for projects in a collaborative manner
- Managing communications with project consultants
- Work directly with contractors and sub-contractors to ensure project implementation
The ideal candidate would have:
• A Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree from an accredited architecture program
• 8+ years of work experience in an architecture office, ideally in San Francisco or greater Bay Area, including experience managing project staff and coordinating consultants
• Strong CAD skills -Autocad required, and Revit experience a plus
• 3-D modeling and rendering experience (Rhino, Sketchup, VRay, Maxwell)
• Graphic Layout experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• A self motivated and curious personality
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to handle a range of responsibilities and tasks including involvement with all phases of projects.
• Ability to work effectively on their own as well as collaboratively as part of a team
• High-end residential design experience preferred
• The ability to work within the U.S. (Graf & Tolosa does not sponsor work visas at this time)
• Licensure is a plus, but not required
Send us your resume and portfolio (PDF <10mb) to email@example.com.